Saint announces plans to seek District 3 seatPublished 8:25am Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Former Russellville police chief and city councilman Robert Burns “Buckshot” Saint has announced his plans to seek the City Council District 3 seat.
Saint represented District 3 from 2000-2008.
Saint is a graduate of Russellville High School and has lived here all his life.
He has been married to Ann Wilson Saint for 56 years and the couple has three children, nine grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
“During the two terms I served, I worked cooperatively with the council and mayor to accomplish many things,” Saint said.
According to Saint, some of the items accomplished during those two administrations are listed below:
• 41 miles of roads were paved fully, not patched
• a new city swimming pool was built
• six new tennis courts were constructed
• new playground equipment was added in city parks
• a walking trail and new bathroom facilities were built at City Lake Park
• new equipment for the street department was purchased
• new fire trucks were purchased and a new fire station was built
• new police cars were purchased
• two new storm shelters were installed
• plans for a new city hall, the A.W. Todd Center and the Farmer’s Market were all developed
• the Walmart Supercenter and FMI plants both opened
• budgets that ended in the black each year were developed and operated within.
“It would be an honor to once again serve the citizens of Russellville,” he said.
“I look forward to an opportunity to work with the council and mayor to clean up our community, improve our streets, recruit new businesses, support city employees, support the superintendent and school board and to support our local contractors and businesses.”